[SOLVED] z370 mobo cant detect Asus PCE AX3000 wifi card (AX200)

leeralph98

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018
Z370 mobo cant detect Asus PCE AX3000 wifi card (AX200)
MOBO MSI Z370 PC PRO/i5 8400/16gb DDR4/1660s/ Win10 64

In the bios, using the board explorer, cant detect wifi card in the 2 of the 3 PCIEx1 slot (1 slot is blocked by 2lot gpu)

Pretty sure that the wifi card is working as I already tried also installing the bluetooth driver. The bluetooth is functional
i assume that the card is working because it needs power from Pcie slot and bluetooth capability from the usb header.

Cant find any Pcie on/off function in BIOS.

Cant see the wifi card also in device manager with view hidden devices.
There no diff in the number of adapters there, whether the card is on or off the board.

202383479_1428502374180339_6335433978632136209_n.jpg

204557487_555829225780047_1985035905127164610_n.jpg

Solution
What BISO version are you currently on for your motherboard? You could yet put the card in the slot directly below the GPU(don't worry about airflow, all you need to do is find if the card is detected via BIOS) or the second PCIe x16 slot.

On a side note, does the card show up as an unknown device in Device Manager? Speaking of Device Manager, what version of Windows 10 are you on?

Lutfij

Titan
What BISO version are you currently on for your motherboard? You could yet put the card in the slot directly below the GPU(don't worry about airflow, all you need to do is find if the card is detected via BIOS) or the second PCIe x16 slot.

On a side note, does the card show up as an unknown device in Device Manager? Speaking of Device Manager, what version of Windows 10 are you on?

Solution

leeralph98

Reputable
Mar 4, 2018

Just solved my my issue by plugging it in the 2nd x16 slot. Idk why the x1 slots dont work.

With regards to my bios ver. Idk what my board ver is at, never updated it since i bought it didnt find the reason to.

Also it did not pop up in device manager when i plugged it in the x1 slots. I also tried the show hidden devices. (I dont think itll pop up there since the bios didnt even recognize it card).

Lastly my Win10 is the lastest ver. Never paused any updates i the settings. (Correct me if im wrong, i dont think windows/drivers has anything to do with this issue since the board itslef did not even think the card is on it.)

Anyways my problem now is that the card doesn't work when in x1 slots but is ok in the 2nd x16 slot.
Thank you so much for replying.

PS. The bt works perfectly fine even when this was an ongoing issue a while ago. Weird.