Z370 Motherboards: LGA 1151??!?!

minguekwak

Prominent
Oct 2, 2017
So its an LGA 1151 board with better power delivery for more cores and threads. How likely is it that ASUS, MSI, GIGABYTE, etc. will release a BIOS update supporting Kabylake and Skylake? I have a Skylake with EVGA Z170 FTW and I hate this board (not only is it defective, I can't replace it, there is no USB 2.0, and I want to buy a Z370 for future upgradability and Skylake support for now). Will Intel go nuts and stop these manufacturers from doing this? I hope that Intel won't be a selfish company.

Solution
Intel is pretty serious when it comes to their product lines.
I still remember when some motherboards like the B150 Hyper could overclock a non K CPU and Intel demanded they removed the option from the bios...
Zero chance for that. 8th gen CPU have different pinout then 6th and 7th gen (despite having same number of pins), so simple BIOS update is not going to do the trick. Though someone might do the 370 board that could work with Sky and Kaby, I guess, but I doubt any manufacturer would care enough.

ohenryy

Honorable
Intel is pretty serious when it comes to their product lines.
I still remember when some motherboards like the B150 Hyper could overclock a non K CPU and Intel demanded they removed the option from the bios...

Solution