Dec 14, 2013
Hi!

So i just built my pc, the spec are:

i5 9600k
Hyper 212 Evo
16GB Corsair LPX
RTX 2070
Asus Prime Z390-a

So after the build was done, I turned it on and it booted to the bios but it froze so I had to manually power it off. Now when I turn it on again either connected to mobo graphics or external card it will turn on then turn off after about 10-15 seconds and it just repeats like this. I have tried reseating the RAM but that doesnt seem to help.

Any ideas, or is something broken? :(

Solution
Just wanted to leave an update, I returned the motherboard and got a replacement. With the new one it works absolutely fine so my guess is something went on the board.

Many thanks for your help none the less :D

Tophertk

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2013
I have noticed now when I turn it on with different ram configs that the cpu light goes red for a second then the dram light is orange for a few seconds. Following that sometimes the cpu and dram lights will flash red and green respectively quite quickly

Tophertk

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2013
PSU is a Corsair RMX 650W, Ram is Corsair CMK16GX4M2D3000C16, Not sure on Bios as it froze the first and only time I got to it. I have tested with one stick of ram in each of the slots using both sticks to test one at a time. Same issue

The memory is not listed on their qvl list, yours is a CMK16GX4M2D3000C16 and they have listed only M2b or M2c.
What do you mean by back off my cooler, sorry?
So you had to screw down the cooling plate on to your cpu. You may have tighnted them down too much, which presses the cpu down causing a short, thus no post. I would back off the screws a bit at a time try to post, back off a bit try to post and back off a bit try to post.

Tophertk

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2013
So I looked this up on Amazon - CMK16GX4M2A2666C16 which appears to be on the QVL listed here

This should be a next best thing to try right?

EDIT: I have ordered the above memory, getting delivered tomorrow. I will try it out and report back if this fixes the issue 🤞

Last edited:

Tophertk

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2013
Okay so it now boots to bios with one of thew two sticks of ram in the 4th slot, so maybe the replacement ram has a bad stick as well?

EDIT: I tried the other stick of ram, didnt work then replaced with the good stick that worked 5 minutes ago and now it wont boot again?!