[SOLVED] Z390-A PRO ez debug CPU LED lit (No display output)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2020
Hi, I built my pc back in Jan and has been running since with no issues whatsoever. However, last week it completely froze during a game of warzone. The PC refused to reboot. The next morning it booted fine and then froze again half way through another cod game. It failed to reboot.

Initially i thought my gpu had overheated and burnt out since i had installed an NZXT G12 bracket along with an X52 aio cooler. I removed the gpu and tried to use the motherboards integrated graphics but the pc still had no video output.
The motherboard has ez-debug LEDs on. The CPU light is lit steadily meaning an issue with the cpu. I removed the cooler and removed the CPU. No signs of damage or bent pins. I re-installed with new thermal paste and re-inserted the 8pin CPU pwr connector but still no luck. Since then i have removed everything from the case and set it all up on my work bench for POST. With just the PSU, motherboard, CPU and one stick of RAM connected, the problem persists and the ez debug CPU led is still lit.

My specs:

PSU: Corsair RM750
Motherboard: MSI Z390-A PRO
CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K 3.6GHz
RAM: Corsair VENGEANCELPX16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3600
GPU: MSI NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER VENTUS OC
Case: H510i

GPU cooler: X52 aio cooler & G12 bracket
CPU cooler: M22

Any ideas/replies would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
Hope you can get this one fixed mate, I've had this issue before on a different mobo but it was because of a bent pin on the socket. Make 100% sure you've put a flash light on all the pins and checked them all.
Apr 16, 2020
Hope you can get this one fixed mate, I've had this issue before on a different mobo but it was because of a bent pin on the socket. Make 100% sure you've put a flash light on all the pins and checked them all.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS