Question Z390 AORUS Master with 4 RAM Modules?

Blensidi

Commendable
May 28, 2019
Hello,

I have a Z390 AORUS Master and it's Sockel is 1151. 1151 Sockels are supposed to be Dual Channel Mainboards (at least Dual Chaneel is the most optical configuration when installing RAM). I am able to use Quad Channel on this mainboard but does it mean that Dual Channel will perform better than Quad Channel? I am currently planning on buying the Trident Z Royal Memories either 2x8 for Dual Channel or 4x4 for Quad Channel (I would like buying the 4x4 kit since it looks better in my RIG)

However I do not know whether it would be a problem so I hope you can give me some advise.
Thanks for reading.

there is no quad channel with 1151

you can run 4 sticks, they won't run in quad channel but in dual channel

as for 4 vs 2 DIMMs -- it depends on the frequency and your memory controller. really high ram speeds are a pain to achieve with all slots populated. otherwise it's fine

Blensidi

Commendable
May 28, 2019
there is no quad channel with 1151

you can run 4 sticks, they won't run in quad channel but in dual channel

as for 4 vs 2 DIMMs -- it depends on the frequency and your memory controller. really high ram speeds are a pain to achieve with all slots populated. otherwise it's fine
So basically it will run. However Dual Channel tend to be faster then Quad Channel if compared (2x8gb RAM 300mhz vs 4x4gb RAM 3000mhz). So if you want all the RAM slots populated you need to sacrifice som speed, right?

Otherwisee thanks for letting me know that.