[SOLVED] Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi and 4000mhz ram?

Sep 12, 2021
Hi, currently have i9700k plus 16gb 3200 cl16 ram in a z390 Aorus pro wifi mobo, and wnt to upgrade to 4000 ram. when i wanna check QVL it is not marked at slot 1 and slot 2 but only in slot 4? What does it stand for? I need four same sticks to work?
Thanks guys!

Solution
Hi, currently have i9700k plus 16gb 3200 cl16 ram in a z390 Aorus pro wifi mobo, and wnt to upgrade to 4000 ram. when i wanna check QVL it is not marked at slot 1 and slot 2 but only in slot 4? What does it stand for? I need four same sticks to work?
Thanks guys!
if you want to do 2 sticks, go for slot 2 and 4 as it will yield the best ram overclock result. dont forget to update the bios. QVL is the ram that is qualified to run at that speed and have better percentages on running XMP without problems.
Thanks guys!
if you want to do 2 sticks, go for slot 2 and 4 as it will yield the best ram overclock result. dont forget to update the bios. QVL is the ram that is qualified to run at that speed and have better percentages on running XMP without problems.

Solution
Sep 12, 2021
Thanks for reply, I will get 4 sticks, hope it will handle them. actual model is in there but for some reason like i said memory socket support is only ticked at 4..Z390 QVL I dont want to spend money and not get it to work, and also these will be future proof, as will upgrade moby and cpu in like a years time.

Thanks for reply, I will get 4 sticks, hope it will handle them. actual model is in there but for some reason like i said memory socket support is only ticked at 4..Z390 QVL I dont want to spend money and not get it to work, and also these will be future proof, as will upgrade moby and cpu in like a years time.
well 4000mhz on all slot seems going to be heavy on your cpu IMC, wouldn't guranteed it will work, but you could downclock them to 3600 or 3800mhz, if the 4000mhz is CL18, you could just enable xmp and downclock the speed.