[SOLVED] Z390 Aorus Ultra has 4 pin and 8 pin CPU ATX Power Connector?

l2ecogniize

Honorable
Apr 20, 2014
I'm currently upgrading a few parts on my PC. Namely, I'm swapping out the motherboard, cpu, and ram.

When I input everything into PC Part Picker website, it introduced a warning that states, "Warning!Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA ATX LGA1151 Motherboard has a 4-pin ATX power connector but the Corsair RM 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as overclocking or large video card current draws may require it."

I have not pulled the trigger on the purchase yet, but I'm looking to use an Intel i7 9700k with the motherboard, and I intend to run it at stock, right outta the box. I was wondering if it is required for me to have the 4 pin atx power connector connected on top of the 8 pin atx power connector to run the PC. Or am I fine without it? Or if there is a solution around it? What should I do?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Here is the PC Part Picker Link.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/L37nsZ

Solution
The extra 4 pin EPS connector is only NECESSARY or recommended if you plan to do some level of extreme overclocking. Otherwise, the single 8 pin (4+4) should be fine.

TRENDING THREADS