Question Z390 Elite + pacific r360 d5 kit

May 3, 2019
Hi,

I want to start with watercooling and overclocking.. and have a Ton of questions.
I have the Aorus z390 Elite + i9 9900k and want to buy the pacific r360 kit..

1. (the kit be good enough in my optinion) am i wrong?

2. how to plug in? I read a lot about cpu/sys fan... but haven’t really found the „right way“... anyone made experience with the z390 elite?

3. can I measure the water temperature effectively? I have found some Sensors, but have no idea about compatibility..

4. is ram cooling really worth it? Im not sure how to track ram temperature, so im not even sure if my ram gets hot..

Thank you so much!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
  1. Yes, it certainly should be
  2. Pump/Res is likely SATA or Molex powered, fans on Rad would be connected to the motherboard. Wouldn't really matter where (CPU_Fan, Sys_Fan etc), provided one of them is connected to CPU_fan.
  3. Not out of the box, no. There are sensors you can add - but they're not 'necessary'.
  4. No, it's very, very rarely "worth it". Active cooling on DIMMs is only really worthwhile on the really high clocked kits (like 4000MHz+) that are 4+ DIMMs, as they're packed close together and run hot.

May 3, 2019
Thanks! Helps a lot!
I guess if my ram (ripjaws v 3200) have a temperature sensor, hwinfo would show it, right?

Have you made experiences with liquid sensors? Even it’s not necessary, I’m just very curious. But i see everywhere bad experiences with them.
So Id be thankful for any input.
I am planing to buy the alphacool 17365 eiszapfen sensor with y adapter.. is that possible? Good? Bad?

Last edited:
May 3, 2019
Another question:
As i use soft tubing, i was looking for tube rgbs.. but i can find just hard tube rgbs.
Is it just not possible? Or am I just stupid?