[SOLVED] Z390 gigabyte master won't clock to 4.9hz

eliau81

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2015
hey...
my MB Z390 gigabyte master F11n BIOs with 9700K refuse to OC even to 4.9ghz no matter what i do
spent lot ot time trying adjust voltage, tweaking, disabling, youtube guides and stiil refuse.
it was stable for a while but recently got immediately crash.
also with easy tune gigabyte app the standard 4.9hz oc immediately crash
in games my clocks won't pass 4.6ghz
any thoughts?

Last edited:
Solution
According to binning statistics (Silicon Lottery) Coffee Lake refresh 9700k (all samples) were capable of 4.9GHz at Vcore 1.337V.
The best samples were capable of 5.3GHz at Vcore 1.387V.
Average samples peaked at 5.1GHz at Vcore 1.362V.

You may have a less than average sample or your system is unstable at higher frequencies.
Have you stress tested at stock frequency? If so with what and how and what were the results.
According to binning statistics (Silicon Lottery) Coffee Lake refresh 9700k (all samples) were capable of 4.9GHz at Vcore 1.337V.
The best samples were capable of 5.3GHz at Vcore 1.387V.
Average samples peaked at 5.1GHz at Vcore 1.362V.

You may have a less than average sample or your system is unstable at higher frequencies.
Have you stress tested at stock frequency? If so with what and how and what were the results.

Solution

eliau81

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2015
with OCCT at stock
CPU only boost to 4.57GHz
temps for all cores wouldn't go above 60c average temp is 58c
maybe something with MB that blocking.....IDK

when i got this CPU and MB i was able to set 4.9 with no adjustments of any kind and be stable for a long time, just recently im somekind blocked

You need to check your thermals. Thermals can rise over time due to an accumulation of dust preventing proper air flow inside the case.
Also over time the TIM needs to be changed and fresh paste reapplied.

Again: Have you stress tested at stock frequency? If so with what and how and what were the results.?

Reactions: eliau81