Question Z390 Master 2 CPU Power Connectors

Namesoom

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
I just built my new pc but the Z390 master motherboard has two power connectors for the cpu and I only had one. I do plan on getting another one but only have one right now. It does seem to be working ok so far. Will i be ok to continue using it before my other cable arrives?

kanewolf

Titan
I just built my new pc but the Z390 master motherboard has two power connectors for the cpu and I only had one. I do plan on getting another one but only have one right now. It does seem to be working ok so far. Will i be ok to continue using it before my other cable arrives?
How is it you are "getting another cable" ? Did you lose cables from your power supply? Are you thinking of using some adapter?

Namesoom

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
How is it you are "getting another cable" ? Did you lose cables from your power supply? Are you thinking of using some adapter?

No the PSU I have have is semi modular. The cpu power is built in and can't be removed and it didn't come with another cpu cable.

Namesoom

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
If you mean you are replacing your power supply, then you should have no issue. Without the second CPU power, you could be limited on max overclock.

I'm gonna stick with this power supply but just get another cable as there is a spare cpu slot on my psu which i am not using. Not gonna even try overclocking until I get it but just wanted to know if i'm ok just to use it for browsing and stuff until it arrives.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'm gonna stick with this power supply but just get another cable as there is a spare cpu slot on my psu which i am not using. Not gonna even try overclocking until I get it but just wanted to know if i'm ok just to use it for browsing and stuff until it arrives.

What exact PSU is this? I've never encountered a modular or semi-modular PSU that didn't have all the cables required.

And is this cable an exact match for the PSU? Modular PSU cables are absolutely not standardized and if the one you bought isn't explicitly compatible with your exact PSU, you may no longer have a CPU or a motherboard soon.

Namesoom

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
What exact PSU is this? I've never encountered a modular or semi-modular PSU that didn't have all the cables required.

And is this cable an exact match for the PSU? Modular PSU cables are absolutely not standardized and if the one you bought isn't explicitly compatible with your exact PSU, you may no longer have a CPU or a motherboard soon.

I got the CS750M and I have ordered a cable which specifically states this model is compatible. Maybe it did come with another cpu cable but I can't find it.