Question Z390 MoBo wheres the value vs performance sweet spot?

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
Hi all,

I know a lot of this comes down to budget and personal preference, but im looking for a little advice, the system will be running an i9-9900k (OC), 2080ti (OC), 32GB DDR4 ~3600mhz ram all within a custom cooling loop cooling both GPU and CPU. Just a note if you wanna suggest boards RGB isnt important it'll be a black and silver themed build (I seriously love nickel hard line systems) if RGB is on the board it has to support all white lighting.

Basically whilst I would feel 'comfortable' going with the MSI Godlike if I knew it was justifying its price, Id still prefer not to spend 25+% more for 2% performance and some silly screens on the MoBo or to just flex, but at the same time I obviously want reliable performance to get a good OC and to know I'm not shooting myself in the foot cause i cheaped out on the board and have flexibility in terms of the little extras things like Bluetooth and Wi-Fi built-in is defiantly a plus.

So for a high end build where is the sweet spot in your personal opinion? Any advice is appreciated, board/brand suggestions are also appreciated. Every where I look people are arguing over the quality of every manufacturer...

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
budget and country?
To me, ASROCK extreme4 is best bang for the money for its reliable overwhelming overclocking ability with low price.
Australia (big old ooof considering our parts prices), budget is flexible, I mean it spend for the Godlike if the $850 price tag was justified, however I see a lot of boards at $600ish like the Asus ROG IX code which have all the top teir features they just lack the little gimmicks like screens and what not. But even at 600 I question if theres enough there to justify the price vs a $400 board.

TRENDING THREADS