Question z390 motherboard refuses to power on

Jul 21, 2020
Motherboard

Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX

1.installed pc like normal without putting in GPU (2070 super)
2.Mounted GPU and powered on
3.Noticed powered GPU was not plugged into PSU (pc was powered on with some fans spinning but no boot/bios)
4.Unseated GPU
5. Tried booting with onboard GPU like i did in step 1 and no fans or anything is spinning at all
6.tried swapping PSU to other pc to check to make sure it did not fry PSU worked fine on other pc

Unless you are running an 'F'-suffix processor such as a 9900KF (which has no provisions for onboard graphics), onboard graphics should work; I'd fall back to just mainboard, CPU, a single RAM stick in second slot to right of CPU for basic functionality testing first... (Remove power from rear of PSU, find your 'clear CMOS switch, or, remove BIOS battery and hold down reset button or pwr switch for several seconds, then reinstall BIOS battery, reconnect power.)

(Hopefully, these removing GPU/reconnecting required power inputs had the PSU fully powered off for said procedures)

As you've not mentioned a CPU at all, it is worth mentioning that in most cases you will absolutely need one for a POST display! :)

Jul 21, 2020
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Kodie/saved/#view=97jBcf

i put a cheap alternative cpu cooler than what is on that list because im waiting on slow shipping so the cpu cooler is a "contac silent 12 cpu cooler"

Unless you are running an 'F'-suffix processor such as a 9900KF (which has no provisions for onboard graphics), onboard graphics should work; I'd fall back to just mainboard, CPU, a single RAM stick in second slot to right of CPU for basic functionality testing first... (Remove power from rear of PSU, find your 'clear CMOS switch, or, remove BIOS battery and hold down reset button or pwr switch for several seconds, then reinstall BIOS battery, reconnect power.)

(Hopefully, these removing GPU/reconnecting required power inputs had the PSU fully powered off for said procedures)

As you've not mentioned a CPU at all, it is worth mentioning that in most cases you will absolutely need one for a POST display! :)

so i have done all of the above and i did have some success, when i pulled the board from the case I put the motherboard inside the box it came in. Plugged only basics in and to my happy surprise it actually turned on the fans and came to life. so i am thinking i forgot a wire somewhere along the way problem is i tried unhooking everything and putting it back in case and when i finally got done im in the same boat that i started in with nothing but a white light coming from the nzxt control hub box so i either forgot a cord or plugged something in the wrong slot or its lose and its driving me nuts for the past 8 hours i cant figure it out