[SOLVED] z390 motherboard RGB header

Feb 5, 2021
Ok so i am doing a build where in the case its all black fans except the top one (thermaltake AH t600 if you were wondering) and i wanted to splash some extra cash and make that top fan the center piece of the build by having a single thermaltake riing quad there. My motherboard though is a rog strix Z390-E and dosn't have an rgb header. is there anyway to still use the lighting software like an adapter? any help at all would be appreciated.

Solution
Thermaltake sells a 3-pack of those fans that includes a Controller box and all the connecting cables required to get them all working, using a downloadable software tool to communicate control to the Control Box via a USB2 connection to a mobo header. That Controller and cables do not come with a single fan. Further, it appears from the web page that the lighting connectors may not be the common ones used by many other makers. And you want to use only one fan.

I suggest you contact Thermaltake Sales and ask for either of two options:
(a) How to buy a Controller and cables so you can use the fan without a mobo header; or,
(b) can they supply some adapter cable that would allow you to plug that fan's lighting connection into the more...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Thermaltake sells a 3-pack of those fans that includes a Controller box and all the connecting cables required to get them all working, using a downloadable software tool to communicate control to the Control Box via a USB2 connection to a mobo header. That Controller and cables do not come with a single fan. Further, it appears from the web page that the lighting connectors may not be the common ones used by many other makers. And you want to use only one fan.

(a) How to buy a Controller and cables so you can use the fan without a mobo header; or,
(b) can they supply some adapter cable that would allow you to plug that fan's lighting connection into the more common 3-pin ARGB output header used by mobos and other Controller makers? Then you would still need to get an ARGB Controller from some other maker (there are some) if Thermaltake can't sell you one.

Solution
Feb 5, 2021

(b) can they supply some adapter cable that would allow you to plug that fan's lighting connection into the more common 3-pin ARGB output header used by mobos and other Controller makers? Then you would still need to get an ARGB Controller from some other maker (there are some) if Thermaltake can't sell you one.
Hey thanks man that clears things up. i fond a seller on ebay that sells the controller and cables separately. Once again thanks for the help.

TRENDING THREADS