My spec:
  • i7-9700k
  • Z390-P
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1060
  • 4*4 Go CORSAIR DDR4
  • FSP RAIDER RA 550 (550W)
  • SSD Toshiba 128Go
  • HDD Seagate 1To
Previously I had a B150M MORTAR ARCTIC Motherboard and a i5-6400 CPU with the same config and everything was fine. I changed the CPU and the motherboard with those indicated above. All the fans start (3 fans from the frame, 1 fan for the CPU and 2 for the GPU) but nothing happens on screen. After 10 to 20 seconds the fans of the GPU stops.

I tried with another screen but the same happened. I unplugged the HDD, SDD, GPU and 3 of the RAM but still the same problem occured.
I can let it be for an hour and it will run but nothing will happen on the screen.

I am open to any suggestion you may have and thank you in advance for your help.

Solution
Nothing out of the ordinary.

I think you've exhausted just about all the possibilities.
If the mobo had a bios flashback feature, you could use that to try and update the bios.

I see it's receiving power, the fans are spinning up, no clear visible signs of damage...
There's no troubleshooting LED's being reported back by the mobo, though that doesn't really mean much...

This is what I suspect:
1)Mobo is bust.
Or
2)This particular mobo has a very early bios on it, one that didn't support the 9700K.
9700K was validated since bios 2203. There's 4 bioses before that one...
Hello,

My spec:
  • i7-9700k
  • Z390-P
  • MSI GeForce GTX 1060
  • 4*4 Go CORSAIR DDR4
  • FSP RAIDER RA 550 (550W)
  • SSD Toshiba 128Go
  • HDD Seagate 1To
Previously I had a B150M MORTAR ARCTIC Motherboard and a i5-6400 CPU with the same config and everything was fine. I changed the CPU and the motherboard with those indicated above. All the fans start (3 fans from the frame, 1 fan for the CPU and 2 for the GPU) but nothing happens on screen. After 10 to 20 seconds the fans of the GPU stops.

I tried with another screen but the same happened. I unplugged the HDD, SDD, GPU and 3 of the RAM but still the same problem occured.
I can let it be for an hour and it will run but nothing will happen on the screen.

I am open to any suggestion you may have and thank you in advance for your help.
Did you clear the bios?
Pull the power cord from the psu
Then remove the lithium battery from mobo
Well both are removed hold the power button on the tower for 30s x2's
Then reseat battery and psu cable boot system

Apr 2, 2021
Did you clear the bios?
Pull the power cord from the psu
Then remove the lithium battery from mobo
Well both are removed hold the power button on the tower for 30s x2's
Then reseat battery and psu cable boot system

Hi and thank you for your answer. I tried it and I also tried the two methods described here to clear the CMOS:
But unfortunately the same thing happened. Well not exacty. First it started, then it shuted down immediately then it restarted (without any intervention from my part) and after that the fans were spining but nothing happened on screen.

Apr 2, 2021
Will it let you get into the BIOS?
No, nothing happens on screen. The BIOS doesn't boot.

Are there any LED indicators lit up during this?
1) At first, there was the MEM_LED (next to the MEMOK_II switch) that was lit. I checked it on the internet and it said it was linked to RAM compatibility. I therefore removed the 4 RAM and I took one 8Go DDR4 RAM from another CPU. I did some tests, the same happened but at some point the LED didn't lit anymore.
I don't think it is relevant anyway because retrospectively I think the first time the RAM were wrongly inserted (not clipsed on both side) which explains the LED appearance. When I changed the RAM I inserted it correctly hence the disappearance of the LED.

2) I swithed back to the 4Go DDR4 RAM and the LED didn't lit either.
Apart from that, there is two slots to insert GPU and when I connect the supply cable the LED on these slots flash (doesn't matter if the GPU is inserted or not).

Try to boot with one stick of ram in the A2 slot.
I tried and nothing more happened. For information, I still haven't reconnected the SSD, HDD nor the GPU.

Check the motherboard socket for bent/broken pins.
I checked and couldn't see any bent or broken pin.

No, nothing happens on screen. The BIOS doesn't boot.

1) At first, there was the MEM_LED (next to the MEMOK_II switch) that was lit. I checked it on the internet and it said it was linked to RAM compatibility. I therefore removed the 4 RAM and I took one 8Go DDR4 RAM from another CPU. I did some tests, the same happened but at some point the LED didn't lit anymore.
I don't think it is relevant anyway because retrospectively I think the first time the RAM were wrongly inserted (not clipsed on both side) which explains the LED appearance. When I changed the RAM I inserted it correctly hence the disappearance of the LED.

2) I swithed back to the 4Go DDR4 RAM and the LED didn't lit either.
Apart from that, there is two slots to insert GPU and when I connect the supply cable the LED on these slots flash (doesn't matter if the GPU is inserted or not).

I tried and nothing more happened. For information, I still haven't reconnected the SSD, HDD nor the GPU.

I checked and couldn't see any bent or broken pin.
Have you tried using different PSU slots for the GPU cable if this is a modular PSU?

Apr 2, 2021
Have you tried using different PSU slots for the GPU cable if this is a modular PSU?
I don't think my PSU is modular. I can't unplug the wires from the PSU itself. The model is Raider RA 550. But as said previously, I was using it to power another motherboard/CPU yesterday and it was working fine. Moreover, the computer starts and the fans rotate. It's just that nothing happen on screen.

I'll try to post a video here of what I'm seeing.

Apr 2, 2021
Too much focus on the LEDs and couldn't see anywhere else on the board.

You didn't criss-cross the motheboard's front panel connectors?
Not sure what you mean with "criss-cross". The front panel was removed for the video if that's your question but the same happen with the front panel fixed.

I'll try to make a video less focused on the LED.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Nothing out of the ordinary.

I think you've exhausted just about all the possibilities.
If the mobo had a bios flashback feature, you could use that to try and update the bios.

I see it's receiving power, the fans are spinning up, no clear visible signs of damage...
There's no troubleshooting LED's being reported back by the mobo, though that doesn't really mean much...

This is what I suspect:
1)Mobo is bust.
Or
2)This particular mobo has a very early bios on it, one that didn't support the 9700K.
9700K was validated since bios 2203. There's 4 bioses before that one: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/PRIME-Z390-P/HelpDesk_BIOS/

In either case, you'll have to RMA the board...

Solution
Apr 2, 2021
Ok thanks for the advice. I'll contact ASUS to return the motherboard. The motherboard is supposed to be compatible with the CPU so it's probbaly a technical problem.

Do you think it could also be that there is a problem with the CPU itself (damaged for example)?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Do you think it could also be that there is a problem with the CPU itself (damaged for example)?
Well, you did confirm that there were no bent/broken pins in the socket, so there's that.

If the cpu were dead, I feel the motherboard would've at least 'told you' via the red cpu LED. In this case, nothing happened perhaps because the motherboard didn't recognize it.
"The cpu is alive, I just don't know who it is." Again, that's assuming the board isn't just busted.