Dec 29, 2022
Computer Specifications:
Z390M Gigabyte motherboard
i7 9700k
RTX 2080
4x8 gb DDR4 RAM
Corsair Hydro H100
760w Corsair Power Supply

Happy Holidays to everyone on here. I am having an issue with my computer, it will not POST. This happened after a recent installation of Windows 11. While I was getting my drivers set up, my computer froze. I held the power button down to shut it off, then I tried to power it back on afterwards. This time, the computer would turn on but it would not POST... the display remains black.

While the computer is booted, all the LED lights stay on. The fans go full speed, but nothing happens. It stays on.

So, I took everything out. I have my motherboard on a test bench currently. I have my HDMI cable connected to the motherboard and that to my monitor. I started by taking it apart piece by piece. I tried one stick of ram throughout the slots, nothing. I took out my GPU, nothing. I removed my CPU to make sure everything was in place, then I put it back in place. I left the cooler off, tried to boot, no change. I tried using a different power supply, no change. I pulled out the CMOS battery and let it rest for 30 minutes, and I put it back in. No change. I took out the CMOS battery, then I flashed the BIOS to the most recent version using a CH341A just in case the BIOS was reset to a previous version. Same issue.

So right now, I have the right cables from the original PSU hooked up to my motherboard, and the CPU in its slot. I also have the four sticks of RAM in their appropriate slots, and the water cooler is also hooked up.

I tried to look through the Z390M manual, and I can't see anyway to diagnose the board. On the board, there is no LED service status to tell me which component would be broken. There is also only HD Audio, I don't think there is a port to plug in the buzzer speaker to listen for beeps when the computer boots to diagnose my issue.

So I am thinking that either my CPU or motherboard is broken. I don't have a spare CPU to test this, and no other spare motherboard. Is there anything I am missing? What is something that you guys would recommend?

Dec 29, 2022
Anyway I can diagnose an issue with this motherboard? I don't see any LED lights telling me whats wrong. I looked through the manual as well that is provided online and found nothing (unless I'm clearly missing it) Any thoughts? Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS