Indigo1025

Reputable
Oct 26, 2019
My Config:
[2011 build]

i7-2600K,ASUS P8 Z68 Vpro, hyper 212 x cooler, 1060 MSI 6GB GPU, Corsair 8GB DDR3 (2x4GB), Corsair HX 750 Watt, Asus ML238H monitor with a Sony bravia thick HDMI gold plated cable.

So I changed thermal paste to the noctua one and assembled back the parts, the mobo gave a loud beep and a bios for 3-5 secs with something in red. It shut down before I could read the error or red message.

It's been over a week trying to still figure out a way to bypass the continuous cpu le red indication. Tried swapping cmos, quick reset of power switch to bypass thread led, dimm slots swapped checked, single stick . Nothing seems to work.

I need to get rid of this cpu red led indication as no display is visible on monitor.
Is the mother board on its deathbed?
Please help.

Indigo1025

Reputable
Oct 26, 2019
Did you remove the CPU?
If so I would be checking the pins etc to make sure nothing got bent etc.
Also....I would check to see I didn't get thermal paste where it doesn't belong.

Yes, I did remove the CPU, there were a few pins slightly bent, had reset them and cleaned residues of thermal paste where not intended with isopropyl alcohol. Made sure that no thermal paste is off the intended area. After all this, still the same red led error.

TRENDING THREADS