Question Z690 Asus TUF Capacitors

KoolerThanJesus

Reputable
Jan 6, 2020
Weird question, but does anyone know what caps the Z690 Asus TUF gaming D4 uses?
I like to know as much about a product as possible before purchasing & some seem to think theyre pretty low grade caps

Buildzoid seems to think theyre APAQ...which are what Asus usually uses on their cheaper boards vs something like Nichicon
MicroCenter is selling this board for $70 with any 12th gen CPU bundle...Thats insane
Ive also heard some nitpicks about the audio chip
Has anyone had problems with this board? Any feedback would be welcome, especially any info on the caps
7agO7Ap.png

esP2hSK.png

My brother's new computer is using this board, and it seems to be quite solid with a 12400.
I'm sure it's not great for overclocking, but it should be able to sustain even an i9, or an i7 with a moderate OC, and is unlikely to fail prematurely.
The TUF series is usually about skimping on flashy additives and focusing on the main features, even if it means sacrificing quality a little.

As for the caps themselves, I have no idea sadly.

Reactions: KoolerThanJesus

KoolerThanJesus

Reputable
Jan 6, 2020
My brother's new computer is using this board, and it seems to be quite solid with a 12400.
I'm sure it's not great for overclocking, but it should be able to sustain even an i9, or an i7 with a moderate OC, and is unlikely to fail prematurely.
The TUF series is usually about skimping on flashy additives and focusing on the main features, even if it means sacrificing quality a little.

As for the caps themselves, I have no idea sadly.
I havnt heard much about the board being problematic but for MicroCenter to sell them for $70 with any 12th gen...
I thought there might be something I wasnt aware of.....Maybe its just overstocked? lol
It seems from the reviews to be a well-rounded board. It was a top charter on HARDWARE UNBOXED Budget Z690 testing when it came to thermals which I like alot. I might just have to pick it up with the 12900K....
I just have to question why this board would be so much cheaper than a bundle like Tomahawk+12900
XS9NM9G.png

18YYCyV.png