Question Z690 Gaming X DDR4 can cause black screen ?

Mar 27, 2023
I build this PC 3 Months ago

Components :
  • CPU : i5-13600k
  • Motherboard : Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4
  • PSU : EVGA 650+ GOLD
  • VGA : RTX 3070
  • RAM : Acer Apollo 32gb CL14 3200mhz
  • Cooler : Thermalright Pearless Assasin 120SE ARGB
Past a few moths i've been playing + streaming normally, but suddenly the display goes black while stream.

I bring my pc to the service clinic, they said the temps are normal, no OC, no Undervolt. so it maybe GPU or PSU..
So i tried to use my old GTX 1070
After that when i bring my pc back to my home, the problem seems to be fixed for a few days.
But suddenly it appears again with more 'Sign' like
- VGA LED on motherboard turn on with black screen​
- Sometimes it shows bios LOGO and can get to the desktop, but the monitor suddenly no signal like before​
- Sometimes it shows 'Turn off and PLUG the VGA cable'​
- Sometimes theres no boot option​

And then i bring my pc back to the service clinic, then they said it was my PSU.
So i buy a new PSU Corsair RM 850 80+ Gold. Just like before, the issues seems to be fixed for a few days.

I have done :
  1. Done all windows updates, including drivers. Via Windows Update, via Gigabyte's App and manually via the Gigabyte website
  2. Checked the device manager: all components are recognized and working fine
  3. Manually flashed the BIOS to its most recent version (was F20, now F23, no success)
  4. Reset the BIOS using the pins on the motherboard, the reset button and by removing the battery. Each time we got a confirmation that it has been reset, however, no changes.
  5. Gone through all of the advanced options of booting (safe mode, UEFI boot mode, repair mode etc), all going to either the black screen forcing us to reboot, or not doing anything.
  6. Removed and reinstalled the GPU drivers multiple times via the device manager and nvcleanstall (trying 10 different Nvidia driver, no success)
  7. Ran the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, no errors
  8. Turned off the secure boot option in BIOS (it was Enabled, now Disabled, no differences)
  9. Reinstall windows (tried GPT and MBR, no differences)
  10. Using different PCI and CPU gen 1-5 (no difference)
Now i only using the integrated graphics, and the issues never came back. (I dont play games with iGPU)
Does anyone have an idea why i cant use my GPU or what the cause of the blackscreen? Your help is much appreciated ! Sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
I build this PC 3 Months ago

Components :
  • CPU : i5-13600k
  • Motherboard : Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4
  • PSU : EVGA 650+ GOLD
  • VGA : RTX 3070
  • RAM : Acer Apollo 32gb CL14 3200mhz
  • Cooler : Thermalright Pearless Assasin 120SE ARGB
Past a few moths i've been playing + streaming normally, but suddenly the display goes black while stream.

I bring my pc to the service clinic, they said the temps are normal, no OC, no Undervolt. so it maybe GPU or PSU..
So i tried to use my old GTX 1070
After that when i bring my pc back to my home, the problem seems to be fixed for a few days.
But suddenly it appears again with more 'Sign' like
- VGA LED on motherboard turn on with black screen​
- Sometimes it shows bios LOGO and can get to the desktop, but the monitor suddenly no signal like before​
- Sometimes it shows 'Turn off and PLUG the VGA cable'​
- Sometimes theres no boot option​

And then i bring my pc back to the service clinic, then they said it was my PSU.
So i buy a new PSU Corsair RM 850 80+ Gold. Just like before, the issues seems to be fixed for a few days.

I have done :
  1. Done all windows updates, including drivers. Via Windows Update, via Gigabyte's App and manually via the Gigabyte website
  2. Checked the device manager: all components are recognized and working fine
  3. Manually flashed the BIOS to its most recent version (was F20, now F23, no success)
  4. Reset the BIOS using the pins on the motherboard, the reset button and by removing the battery. Each time we got a confirmation that it has been reset, however, no changes.
  5. Gone through all of the advanced options of booting (safe mode, UEFI boot mode, repair mode etc), all going to either the black screen forcing us to reboot, or not doing anything.
  6. Removed and reinstalled the GPU drivers multiple times via the device manager and nvcleanstall (trying 10 different Nvidia driver, no success)
  7. Ran the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, no errors
  8. Turned off the secure boot option in BIOS (it was Enabled, now Disabled, no differences)
  9. Reinstall windows (tried GPT and MBR, no differences)
  10. Using different PCI and CPU gen 1-5 (no difference)
Now i only using the integrated graphics, and the issues never came back. (I dont play games with iGPU)
Does anyone have an idea why i cant use my GPU or what the cause of the blackscreen? Your help is much appreciated ! Sorry for my bad english
You might want to try DDU.
Clean out all the old gpu drivers then install the proper gpu driver and test.

Mar 27, 2023
You might want to try DDU.
Clean out all the old gpu drivers then install the proper gpu driver and test.
i've already done that before using different nvidia driver version.
but now, i cant even go to desktop with my gpu, only using igpu.. "Please Power Down and Connect the PCIe Power Cables for This Graphics Card".
I Already unplug and replug the PCIe cables, changing the cables, but no difference.

Latest posts