Question Z690 GAMING X DDR4 - changing audio jack functionality

Jul 4, 2022
Hi. I know that in some motherboards, like Z690 UD DDR4 for instance, you can reassign the line-in, line-out and mic audio jacks to serve as outputs for 5.1 audio system. Does anyone know if it's possible to achieve something similar in Z690 GAMING X DDR4? There are only two jacks, though, so what I want to know is if it's possible to use them for 2.1 system (front and center/subwoofer).

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

To my knowledge, any Realtek audio chip/codec equipped platform can allow the end user to reassign the audio ports on the system. As for your question, the audio implementation on your platform is only meant for stereo analog connections.
  1. Realtek® ALC1220-VB CODEC
    * The back panel line out jack supports DSD audio.
  2. High Definition Audio
  3. 2-channel analog output
  4. Support for S/PDIF Out
    7.1-channel digital signals
    * Actual output of digital signals may vary depending on the playback content and software used, and an external DAC is required.
^ from here.

If you went with an SPDIF connection, you'd have access to 7.1 sound. You might also be misinterpreting the audio nomenclature, 2.1 = right channel(front), left channel(front) and subwoofer, which will all operate off of the pine out on the rear or the front panel of your build.

Jul 4, 2022
As for your question, the audio implementation on your platform is only meant for stereo analog connections.

^ from here.
Yeah, I know that already. I've read the manual ;) But although there isn't any info in the manual about such possibility (unlike in case of Z690 UD DDR4), I wanted to ask to make sure.
So, in short, it's not possible to use the old front stereo speakers and subwoofer with this MB?
And yeah, my bad about 2.1. I don't actually even have the central speaker anymore. It's that I have old 5.1 speakers which I'm still using, and wanted to keep using them (at least front ones and subwoofer) with this MB, until I buy a new audio system for my PC sometime in the future.

Oh, and I'm not sure if I understood the last part - "which will all operate off of the pine out on the rear or the front panel of your build. "

Last edited: