Question Z690I Aorus Ultra Lite DDR5 - GPU not detected but fans still spinning

Jan 23, 2023
I'm using a Quadro P2000 gpu. In the BIOS it states there is nothing in the PCIEX16 slot, but the fans on the gpu are still spinning as if it's getting power.

The motherboard came with bios version F20, it did not work so I decided to flash the latest version (F23a) and it still does not work. I cannot try any version before F20 or it will not support my 13th gen i9.

I tried multiple GPUs with the same result, a GTX 950 and my Quadro P2000, fans still spin but they are both not detected in the bios or in Win11. Both GPUs also work flawlessly in a different PC with a different motherboard.

In bios settings, I tried switching the PCH and PCIE link speed from Auto to gen3 and gen4, but neither worked. I also tried disabling CSM but it would re-enable itself after every restart, I'm assuming because of the iGPU in my i9 wouldn't allow it.

I then tried resetting the bios to factory settings, but still no luck.

Both the PCIE slot and GPUs have been thoroughly cleaned with isopropyl alcohol as well.

Also if it helps, when I try to plug my monitor into the builtin displayport on the mobo, my Quadro P2000, or GTX 950, it gives me 5 short beeps and refuses to display anything on the screen. The system continues to run normally though (at least, that's what it sounds and looks like). When I tried this on the GTX 950 the GPU fans stopped spinning after the beeps, but on the Quadro P2000 they kept spinning. If I use the builtin hdmi port in the motherboard it will work but still no gpu detected.

I also tried updating the firmware and drivers for both GPUs with no luck. I used the update tool for Displayport 1.3/1.4 (updated GTX 950 but none available for Quadro P2000), UEFI & DisplayID (unsupported for both), and I downloaded the latest drivers from their site. I haven't tried flashing a new vbios for them yet as I'm unsure how to check which version they're currently using and where to get the latest vbios files for both.

This system is brand new and was just built a few days ago. I contacted Gigabyte eSupport but got no response after 4 days. I can't find any more information on my specific issue online either. Has anyone here experienced a similar issue, and if so how were you able to fix it, if at all? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

I'll try dissasembling everything and rebuilding/starting it outside of the case, but I want to get some input on this first as it's such a hassle for a small motherboard and case.

Jan 23, 2023
Update: I dissasembled everything and rebuilt it outside of the case. I placed the motherboard on a cardboard box and jumped the power pins to start it. No luck, still the same issue. GPU fans spinning but not detected in BIOS.