Z730 aorus gaming 5 no power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2018
EVGA 650 w power supply
I7 8700k
Z370 Aorus gaming 5
Trident z ddr4 3000

Try to power up and the lights flash for not even a second then no power. I have it breadboarded right now and I’m getting the same results. Removed the cmos battery for 10 minutes and noting still. The ram does light up but that’s about it. I don’t get any beeps or the CPu fan doesn’t even power up either. Just a flash of led really quick

jawlesspython04

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Very unusual problem. Check the Motherboard socket pins. Are one of them slightly bent? Also, exactly what model PSU do you have? Maybe try with another PSU to see if its the PSU that can be the culprit. In these types of weird problems, you have to troubleshoot each component one by one. Start with the motherboard. See if there are any damaged pins in the socket. Then try a different PSU if you have one on hand. Same with the RAM, try some different RAM. Borrow a 4GB Stick from a shop or a friend and try it.

A youtuber (JayzTwoCents) had a very similar problem and turned out his boot drive was fried but as you have the system breadboarded it can't be the boot drive.

Jun 4, 2018

Jun 4, 2018
I figured it out. The pins for the front panel and power switch and reset switch had an adapter for it and it was causing it to not sit right and make good connections to be able to fully turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.