z77 Asus Sabertooth and RAM fans??

firemedictj

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
I have the aforementioned Mobo and am curious if anyone has tried to mount RAM fans on the board. Im sure it will work without that TUF armour but I want to know will any of them fit with it on. I have no worries about clearance issues as I will be using a custom water setup for CPU in place of the hyper 212 evo I have in my sig. Just dont need a $30 set of fans I cant use.
Thx.

Solution
There's no real need for DRAM fans - they'll cool maybe 2-3 degrees, but DRAM doesn't gt that hot, unless poorly set up or cheapie high voltage sticks, I've got 32GB sets of 2400 and 2666 on my IB and Haswell rigs and all is fine

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
There's no real need for DRAM fans - they'll cool maybe 2-3 degrees, but DRAM doesn't gt that hot, unless poorly set up or cheapie high voltage sticks, I've got 32GB sets of 2400 and 2666 on my IB and Haswell rigs and all is fine

Solution

firemedictj

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013

Its not really about cooling, quite honestly its about covering the ram with a useful cover as they are RED and everything else is black and white, and I would like not to void the lifetime warranty on my ram just to paint them.....