[SOLVED] Z77 Extreme4 CPU Fan Waivering

seogoat

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
My CPU fan has always been set to full on for the last 8 years but seems to be making new noise where it appears to be losing a couple of hundred rpm slightly and it is noticable and annoying. The fan is new and a quick work around with speedfan was to set the rpm a bit lower so it's not noticiable anymore.

But do you think this a sign the pmw controller on the motherboard is on the way out?

Last edited:
Solution
My CPU fan has always been set to full on for the last 8 years but seems to be making new noise where it appears to be losing a couple of hundred rpm slightly and it is noticable and annoying. The fan is new and a quick work around with speedfan was to set the rpm a bit lower so it's not noticiable anymore.

But do you think this a sign the pmw controller on the motherboard is on the way out?
Could be or a a faulty fan

Could be or a a faulty fan

Solution