Z77 Sabertooth Boot Device Red Led - Not Posting

Aug 15, 2018
I hadn't planned on using my computer again and had disposed of my HDD. Well, after 4 months I'm trying to get it working again.

Right now I don't have a boot device connected, I'm just trying to get to bios, but all I'm getting is a black screen.

I've tried multiple cables and multiple monitors with no luck. I've pressed the memok button and the bios reset button with no luck.

I believe my cpu is an i7 3770k, but it's been so long I can't remember, but I didn't have this problem any other time when setting it up

Aug 15, 2018

I tried connecting my SSD. No luck still getting the boot device led.

I cant imagine it would require a boot device to get to the bios though.

Me neither. It was just a shot.

Being it's been sitting for a while. I probably would reseat everything.

I have had experiences where....the air where I work isn't exactly the cleanest.....and if electronics sit for a while.....they get a coating on them and I've had problems with connections....and reseating everything has helped quite a few times.

Aug 15, 2018

I've actually already done this. I'm at a loss as to what else the problem might be.

Well....it could be a PSU issue (the voltage(s) aren't correct). I might check them with a voltmeter.

If they are correct....I would focus on the motherboard/processor next....unless you have a graphics card. Do you? If so, the issue may lie in the graphics card. and do you have integrated graphics?

Aug 15, 2018

I have a GPU. I just can't imagine that after it working for over a year that it would have an issue like that just from changing the hdd.