Question Z77A-GD65 Can't boot

saddartha

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2013
Hey guys,
My MSi Z77A-GD65 has all of a sudden started having troubles with error codes.

The codes currently coming up are 4f, 55, 19, 15

I tried to boot with only 1 Ram stick on all slots . I checked the CPU pins. I pressed the clear CMOS button. I've tried re-seating the cpu. I tried a different psu. I tried changing bios profiles.

Bear in mind that while trying all these different configs, I will randomly actually get to the bios, where I set everything at default, save settings, restart and then the error codes occur again.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Cpu - i5 3570k at stock now
Ram - corsair vengeance 1300mhz 16 gigs

Hey guys,
My MSi Z77A-GD65 has all of a sudden started having troubles with error codes.

The codes currently coming up are 4f, 55, 19, 15

I tried to boot with only 1 Ram stick on all slots . I checked the CPU pins. I pressed the clear CMOS button. I've tried re-seating the cpu. I tried a different psu. I tried changing bios profiles.

Bear in mind that while trying all these different configs, I will randomly actually get to the bios, where I set everything at default, save settings, restart and then the error codes occur again.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Cpu - i5 3570k at stock now
Ram - corsair vengeance 1300mhz 16 gigs
question are you ocing you cpu at all? if so what speeds are you setting your ram to?

If you oc your cpu with none ocing ram you will need to set ram speeds one step slower then what there sold at due to as when you oc your cpu, you are ocing the ram with it

saddartha

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2013
question are you ocing you cpu at all? if so what speeds are you setting your ram to?

If you oc your cpu with none ocing ram you will need to set ram speeds one step slower then what there sold at due to as when you oc your cpu, you are ocing the ram with it

Currently nothing is over clocked. Cpu is at 3.4 ghz, ram is at 1300mhz

saddartha

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2013
i sounds like your dimm controler is malfunctioning have you made sure your bios is fully up to date if i would try to post into the bios and reinstall the bios update i think it's the dimm decoder having issues at this point
The bios is updated to the latest update which came out in 2013. I had a friend come bring a stick of working ddr3 from his computer and after a boot and reboot my computer went to the bios.... Then I restarted it, and again it went into error mode.