Z77X-UD3H Motherboard not working after no changes.

DCLKALEXANDER

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Basically, turned on my computer today. It started for about 5 seconds, goes by the normal motherboard page, then it just turns off. I thought maybe I double tapped the power button or something, and hit it again. Nothing. The computer won't turn on. I took the computer apart and looked inside the case. The motherboards light won't turn on either, nor will its indicator display where it normally has a number. I'm unsure how to test a PSU or CPU seperately, but absolutely nothing turns on. If I unplug it, switch power supplies, and then replug and turn on the PSU, the power button to test the MOBO lights up for a half second if that helps.

Again, NOTHING has been changed recently nor has my computer been moved.

My Specs - i7-3770K
Z77X-UD3H mobo
Agility 4 120GB SSD
512GB Hitachi HD
gtx 550TI GPU
windows 7 64 bit oS

I've tried it with nothing but the CPU attached the the motherboard, plugged the PSU into it, and still nothing. That means I plugged the 20/24 can't remember which cable in for the PSU, I have the CPU fan on the CPU in the only place it goes, and then the one connector that has plugged in as well. Nothing goes on. Not sure if even the PSU fan works, I have to see if that moves, but the PSU works on my old OLD mobo, so I don't think its that and because nothing works I assume its the MOBO and not the CPU.

Help?

DCLKALEXANDER

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

", I have the CPU fan on the CPU in the only place it goes, and then the one connector that has plugged in as well"

I say it right there, maybe not clear enough. It is plugged in.

DCLKALEXANDER

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

4 Pin is connected to the CPU, again its an Intel i7-3770K.

The PSU has a 20+4 Pin to oonect to the Mobo.

DCLKALEXANDER

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

So there is ANOTHER connection I need to make aside from the 24 Pin and the 4 Pin near the CPU?

TRENDING THREADS