News Z790 Aorus Xtreme vs. MSI MEG Z790 Godlike: Flagships Fight for Supremacy

truerock

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
Wow!!! Lots of 27-year-old technology! Like Type-A USB ports! Yea... gotta have lots of 27 year old technology on my $1,000 2023 system board!

coromonadalix

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
In my mind they all lost, too high priced, too many M2 sockets ?? questionable i/o port layout

But some people will still buy them to have the latest highest performance yada yada there is ....

And it will be rendered obsolete in 2-3 months loll

I just want a good and paractical mobo / cpu / feature pack who could last a bit

Warrior24_7

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Both the Z790 Aorus Xtreme and MSI MEG Z790 offer the best hardware available for the platform. You get more robust power delivery, PCIe 5.0 M.2 sockets, and 40 Gbps ports. These flagship SKUs show off all that platform offers, but also come with flagship-class prices.

Z790 Aorus Xtreme vs. MSI MEG Z790 Godlike: Flagships Fight for Supremacy : Read more

“To be blunt here early in the article, the MSI Z790 Godlike is just too expensive to make our Best Motherboards list (though it has the features and hardware),”

If that’s the case, what was the point of this review then? It automatically lost by default before it got started.

Warrior24_7

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
In my mind they all lost, too high priced, too many M2 sockets ?? questionable i/o port layout

But some people will still buy them to have the latest highest performance yada yada there is ....

And it will be rendered obsolete in 2-3 months loll

I just want a good and paractical mobo / cpu / feature pack who could last a bit

Really? What would make them “obsolete” in 2-3 months?

sneaky_liquid

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
I really don't understand your view on the pricing of high end motherboards. If you want the best or the fastest of any product, you will have to pay for it. It generally is not a budget price, it doesn't cater to that market anyways.. and thats why they make budget priced options as well. Stops worrying about the pricing and worry about the quality, if you got the best quality/performance.. you can charge whatever you want. If you think im wrong, you need to go look at the pricing these boards are actually going for and which is WAY above MSRP and thats if you can even get one.. most retailers are sold out or low on the inventory... I think you need to really reconsider how you score out high end boards.. its should most definitely not be based on price.. if it was you would still see a ton of them in stock and not selling LOL.

Last edited: