Z87 on-board sound - no sound

Got a new gigabyte z87 motherboard. Installed drivers, sound card acts like it's working, the realtek program detects things being plugged in. But no sound. If it max out the volume, i get a static type sound for any sound. Cannot actually hear the sound, only a static noise. Tried newest driver from gigabyte and realtek, no change. The volume bar will show like it's playing a sound.

I have seen ALOT of post on this very issue, but no solution. Any ideas? Or just a bad on-board sound card?

Solution
Hi, i also have a new gigabyte z87X- D3H motherboard. i to try to use the 8 channel audio ( i have installed latest realtec drivers) but also no sound. I looked in the BIOS to see if they were disabled but i can not find anything in the BIOS regarding the audio channels.

What DID work for me is plug a HDMI cable in your videocard and then to your receiver (if u use a receiver)
Also a headset (Gamescom 780 through USB works fine without installing the 780 drivers.

I hope i helped you out a bit but i will be following to topic to see what might be the problem.

Rob

Robjuhhh

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Hi, i also have a new gigabyte z87X- D3H motherboard. i to try to use the 8 channel audio ( i have installed latest realtec drivers) but also no sound. I looked in the BIOS to see if they were disabled but i can not find anything in the BIOS regarding the audio channels.

What DID work for me is plug a HDMI cable in your videocard and then to your receiver (if u use a receiver)
Also a headset (Gamescom 780 through USB works fine without installing the 780 drivers.

I hope i helped you out a bit but i will be following to topic to see what might be the problem.

Rob

Solution

TRENDING THREADS