Z906 + Xonar DX, surround not working

Milkeh

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
I have just purchased a set of logitech Z906 speakers and an ASUS Xonar DX soundcard and for some reason when I test the speaker setup through windows, there is only sound where I click on the picture of the left speaker. When I do this, it plays sound out of both the left and right speaker. If I try to test any other speaker, it is silent. If I then put the speakers into 4.1 mode, it will then do the same thing.. although then also use the rear left and rear right (and testing via speaker setup still only works when clicking the left speaker.)

I tested them using the Z906's alone (by holding down input for 5 seconds) and all the speakers worked fine. I then tried plugging the speakers into my onboard soundcard, and it does exactly the same thing?

Milkeh

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
Strangely enough I just pressed the stereo button on the speakers (So that 3D, 4.1 or 2.1 wasn't lit) and now when I test the speakers, all of them work besides the front right one. (Although it still works when testing the speaker by holding input?)

HelperK

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
I have the same setup as you, and what I've done is set the Z906 as no effect. Also, make sure your output jack is connected correctly.

Start from Left: SPDIF, Green, Black, Oranage. Blank

Make sure you set your playback device as 5.1 or set it in Audio Center. Test the speakers and you should be work fine.