Question Z97-A/USB 3.1 All case fans suddenly stopped yesterday and now fail to start on boot (CPU fan not effected)

Jan 6, 2022
On start up all four case fans try to start but then stop, Ive tried powering down and disconnect power for 30 mins which didn't help and I've also tried resetting the bios to default settings but the problem still persists. Any ideas on what might be causing this and also what would be the best thing to try next? (RGB on the fans still working as normal)

CiT Raider PC Gaming Case
Asus Z97-A/USB
i7 4790k
GTX 1050 ti
16 GB DDr3
Window 10

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and the fans in your case, by which how they're tethered to the platform. You mentioned the fans being RGB, are they plugged into a hub of sorts?

Is this the hub that came bundled with your RGB (case)fans;
cscitraiderrgbsync-22_1024x1024.jpg

?

On a side note, what BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

Jan 6, 2022
Yes it does use that box and it is connected to the PSU. BIOS I believe is the one that shipped. I am planning to update the bios for better m.2 support but I have bigger problems like cooling rn. I can't play demanding games anymore with out my CPU hitting 90+ temps. I had to disable turbo mode on the cpu when I first got the PC because the after market rgb heatsink/fan that came with the build just can't handle this processor running at 4.4ghz but at 4.0ghz my temps were fine around 70 at load until my case fans stopped working.

Last edited: