Z97 vs z87

Mr Duck

Reputable
May 19, 2014
Would you recommend the z97 over the z87 mobos cpu is 4670k might do some overclocking up to maybe 4.0-4.2 ghz? If so which one would you recommend I'd like to get an asus for the reputation. I was looking at the z97 pro with ac wifi because I need the wifi anyways but would you recommend the vii hero over the pro?

Solution
I went with the Hero after doing 20 client builds on the Z87, and for Z97 got the Hero again, love it, still waiting for the new K models to come out but have been playing with a spare 4770K and the Z97 does OC better and run cooler (also handles even faster DRAM ;) )...great mobo, I have no doubt the Z97 Pro will also be better than it's Z87 counterpart, but I'd go the the Hero

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
I went with the Hero after doing 20 client builds on the Z87, and for Z97 got the Hero again, love it, still waiting for the new K models to come out but have been playing with a spare 4770K and the Z97 does OC better and run cooler (also handles even faster DRAM ;) )...great mobo, I have no doubt the Z97 Pro will also be better than it's Z87 counterpart, but I'd go the the Hero

Solution

Mr Duck

Reputable
May 19, 2014

So should I wait for the refresh k series or just get a 4670k (btw I won't be building for a couple months cause I just got a job)