Question Z97M-Plus M.2 issues...

Apr 6, 2020
Hi all.

I have built this system almost 5 years ago. From what I can remember I could not bootup my pc by using my Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 PCI-e Gen3 8Gbps x 4 AHCI Solid State Drive for reason I cannot remember now.

In order to have this M.2 SSD working I had to buy a PCIe slot adaptor and only then I got it working. It's been fine for 5 years thus far but I am in need of more storage and a faster disk. So, as my motherboard is not particularly new, and also price being a factor, I decided to buy (today) a firacuda 510 1TB M.2 SSD.

I will be attempting to use this directly on the motherboards M.2 onboard slot rather that to use a PCIe adaptor. I also understand that the use of the M.2 onboard slot will render useless or it will shar bandwidth with SATA ports 5&6 which is fine. I do have HHDs on them ports but they can be made redundant, not a problem.

Now, has anyone had similar issue with this particular board or similar? What was the solution? I have already upgraded my BIOS to the latest so that's covered.

Any feedback and help is well and truly appreciated.

Regards,
Albert

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS