[SOLVED] zalman copper cooler

Nov 15, 2018
compatibility problem. can I use zalman cooler used on a lga775 motherboard on a lga115 motherboard.the only letters on the cooler is cnps it's about 5" dia I have no box or code

Solution
What CPU HAVE you used it with? 775? ANY 115x? None yet?

Do you have a picture of the unit?

I think chances are very good that if it is an older Zalman unit, used with a 775 socket, it probably will not work unless Zalman offers an adapter kit for it for 115x platforms, BUT, there is also a good chance that an older cooler that was enough for a 775 socket CPU may NOT be capable of handling the TDP of an 1151 socket CPU especially if it is a Coffee lake or Coffee lake refresh model, which yours is.

Knowing the model of the CPU is going to be essential. If you plan to overclock, I'm going to just say no right now.
Model name of the cooler? Do you have a photo of it?
If it has compatibility to LGA775 only, then no.
It has to have compatibility to any LGA115X socket also (this means either adjustable mounting mechanism or additional parts are required).

What CPU HAVE you used it with? 775? ANY 115x? None yet?

Do you have a picture of the unit?

I think chances are very good that if it is an older Zalman unit, used with a 775 socket, it probably will not work unless Zalman offers an adapter kit for it for 115x platforms, BUT, there is also a good chance that an older cooler that was enough for a 775 socket CPU may NOT be capable of handling the TDP of an 1151 socket CPU especially if it is a Coffee lake or Coffee lake refresh model, which yours is.

Knowing the model of the CPU is going to be essential. If you plan to overclock, I'm going to just say no right now.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS