Zalman Denies Bankruptcy Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
In the EU at least the retailer has to give you 2 years of warranty regardless of what the manufacturer does so at least here we have nothing to worry about.

MoulaZX

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
Curious how this 2 year warranty in EU covers damage caused to other critical components due to a failure in the purchase item... for example, you buy a $100 CPU Cooler that has a defect, that allowed your $500 Processor to fry. Little comfort there even if the Retailer does agree to replace the faulty CPU Cooler.

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
I don't know much about that but it generally becomes are far more complicated case and doesn't have much to do with warranty .

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if this was real. Seriously, when was the last time Zalman released something good?

Their CPU variable fin profile technology is being out done by AIO.

I see their GPU VF1000 technology implemented with vast improvements on MSI Twin Frozor GPU coolers.

jase240

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
MoulaZX, normally a cooler warranty would not cover damage to other components due to failure. However most modern CPUs will shut off in the even of overheating due to a cooler failure; and even then as long as the connection of the heatsink is good and it's only the fan that fails, with modern CPUs and light to moderate use they can usually run passively without getting hot enough to damage the CPU.

I would not really worry about a warranty on an air cooler anyways, as long as the fan is replaceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.