Zalman Z11 Plus Cable management

TheHatori1

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
Hey guys,
I have Zalman z11 plus hf1 case and now FSP Hydro G 850w modular power supply (Not my fault, i had Corsair RM unit before, had to send it on RMA to reseller and they send me this thing in return), and i wonder if there is any way to do good cable management in this case, using modular power supply. It has nearly no space for cables on right side.. PSU has ugly flat cables, that are pain to bend etc. So, any of you with experience with this case and modular power supply?

Thanks for any respond!

Solution
Yeah, the Zalman Z11 doesn't have much room back there. I've had to build with those types of cases too. Sometimes I've gone so far as to remove the sheath and flatten the individual wires out. Other times I've been able to leave the sheath on and just flatten the round cable into an oval shape. Then tie them down snugly. And try to route the cables so they don't cross where they lie in the back of the motherboard tray. But you can only do so much with what you have to work with.

Starting over with a new case is an option. A bit extreme, I'll grant you. So is selling the current PSU and using the money towards a new modular with flat cables.

TheHatori1

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015

Oh sorry, i am just dumb. When i said right side, i ment behind mobo so.. Thing is, that i have most of them behind mobo, but i cannot really put that side panel on without, "little" rough power. Usually, when i see people doing cable management, they are having them in round-like straps like here http://images.techhive.com/images/article/2014/04/cablemanagement_primary-100262284-large.jpg , but i dont know how can i do it like this with flat cables that are pain to bend..

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, the Zalman Z11 doesn't have much room back there. I've had to build with those types of cases too. Sometimes I've gone so far as to remove the sheath and flatten the individual wires out. Other times I've been able to leave the sheath on and just flatten the round cable into an oval shape. Then tie them down snugly. And try to route the cables so they don't cross where they lie in the back of the motherboard tray. But you can only do so much with what you have to work with.

Starting over with a new case is an option. A bit extreme, I'll grant you. So is selling the current PSU and using the money towards a new modular with flat cables.

Solution