Zalman Z11 PSU

Bonni3

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Hi guys. I believe my PSU has failed on my rig after only being 7-8 months old. I'm getting a new one under warranty and I was wondering how easy it is to take out and replace. I have took out my GPU and installed an SSD Etc... So I have a bit of experience.

For a bit of an insight... I added an extra fan to the bottom as an intake fan... Since then the power button on the tower became more and more unresponsive, till eventually it just won't turn on at all (checked all cables to my knowledge, fuse, switches etc) there is a green light on my mobo but the thing won't boot!

I've been without my rig for 2 weeks and I'm hacked off with the lack of information or just general interest in trying to help solve me problem.

TL : DR : how to remove safely and securely a PSU from Zalman Z11 (other PSU/power related issues)

Cheers

Jamie.

Solution
Removing the PSU is easy in most situations. You remove 4 screws (typically) from the back of the case itself (these hold the PSU in place. You disconnect all internal cables and you fish out the PSU carefully. Depending on the size of your video card and heatsink, you may find it easier to remove and replace the PSU with those items removed (to be reinstalled after the PSU is back in place).

Good luck!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Removing the PSU is easy in most situations. You remove 4 screws (typically) from the back of the case itself (these hold the PSU in place. You disconnect all internal cables and you fish out the PSU carefully. Depending on the size of your video card and heatsink, you may find it easier to remove and replace the PSU with those items removed (to be reinstalled after the PSU is back in place).

Good luck!

Solution

Bonni3

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013

Nailed it, thanks!

It was fairly straight forward and cables came out no bother.. Now I wait for a replacement! :(