Zalman's Big CPU Cooler with Integrated Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavroxur

Distinguished
A remote....with a wire tethering it to the HSF. Even if it was wireless, it still strikes me as a not-so-useful item. If it's going to be wired, it might as well be a front panel control then.

chripuck

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
[citation][nom]mavroxur[/nom]A remote....with a wire tethering it to the HSF. Even if it was wireless, it still strikes me as a not-so-useful item. If it's going to be wired, it might as well be a front panel control then.[/citation]
Or even better, get the right MB and use SpeedFan to automatically control all of your fans. My PC drops to

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]chripuck[/nom]Or even better, get the right MB and use SpeedFan to automatically control all of your fans. My PC drops to[/citation]
My thoughts exactly...

This tethered remote is just plain dumb. Anyone who cares enough about thier heatsink temps SHOULD know speedfan will do this.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
There's not much news here - Zalman has had heatsinks with remotes for a long time now. 4 years ago when I purchased a CNPS7000B for my wife's computer it came with a wired remote. It wasn't detachable though - just a long cable splitting out of the fan cable.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
Never mind the remote; I'll be interested in seeing the review from Tom's when it becomes available, for a performance analysis. Let's see if it steps up to my Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme...

ossie

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
[citation][nom]archange[/nom]Never mind the remote; I'll be interested in seeing the review from Tom's when it becomes available, for a performance analysis. Let's see if it steps up to my Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme...[/citation]
If it would get just somewhere close, be prepared to pay through your nose for it. If Zalman's ad bucks fit the bill, be prepared for some "ueberReview".

"We can't help but think some sort of short range wireless solution be integrated, for true wireless controlling of the heatsink inside the case. This way, you can have the chassis completely closed, but still have quick access to extra cooling at a finger's touch."
EMC regulations would prohibit such a "bright" idea... My, oh, my, tuanny boy. That's what you get when you send a marketing droid to "do" tech fairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.