ZEAL: What is wrong with this skill?

I should have five swings with this skill, but many times my pally
only swings once. I have plenty of mana. I am running 1.10 -- what
gives?

Mike S. wrote:
> I should have five swings with this skill, but many times my pally
> only swings once. I have plenty of mana. I am running 1.10 -- what
> gives?

I think it's a bug sometimes, but moreoften it happens when a monster is
running away - you only get one swing. This is annoying if you have
anything that causes a monster to flee, including merc gear.

--
Help fight spam by "educating" the lax, zombie-hosting ISPs:
http://pages.infinit.net/filmore/educateYourISP.htm

You were probably hit and interrupted.

"Mike S." <mike@nowhere.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I should have five swings with this skill, but many times my pally
> only swings once. I have plenty of mana. I am running 1.10 -- what
> gives?

briank

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2004

Depending on your orientation to the target (and most obvious with single
foes), zeal sometimes fails to activate and you get a "normal" attack
instead. I've had the most luck being directly above/below/right of/left of
rather than at angle to the creature in question.

I've seen it mentioned on various webites, so I guess you'd call it a
"known bug."

The above assumes you aren't just lagging and there is no monster near you
to target. Try shift+zeal next time it happens and see if zeal activates
normally.

BK

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 00:12:40 GMT, "BrianK" <nospam@nothanks.net>
wrote:

>Depending on your orientation to the target (and most obvious with single
>foes), zeal sometimes fails to activate and you get a "normal" attack
>instead. I've had the most luck being directly above/below/right of/left of
>rather than at angle to the creature in question.

Not only does he only swing once, the pally still uses the mana!

>I've seen it mentioned on various webites, so I guess you'd call it a
>"known bug."

I've been reading about this bug on various D2 websites as well.
Apparently, the best way around it is not to use weapons with only
minimum range. Assuming that is true, doesn't that cut out all one
handed weapons? Or at the very least, the pally only weapons?

briank

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2004

Well...

Cads and Seraphs have range 2. Scourge and Berzerker range 3.

Personally, most of my Zealers end up with a Phase Blade of some sort.

BK

BrianK wrote:
> Well...
>
> Cads and Seraphs have range 2. Scourge and Berzerker range 3.
>
> Personally, most of my Zealers end up with a Phase Blade of some sort.
>
> BK

My Zealer has a Gimmershred Flying Axe -- found in single player, not
ladder. I can live with the occasional short-range, monster flee whiffs.