Question Zen 2

ELM2721

Prominent
May 28, 2019
So after we saw the new zen 2 Cpus . I want to ask. Is the 3600x better than 2700x and also is the 3700x alot better than 2700x. And what is the best with rtx 2060 and for future too? I dont mind paying extra

I have to ask, what's the purpose of the CPU you'd like to buy?

If you're moving away from the Ry2700X, then the Ry3700X is the direct step-up (at ~15% performance increase in most tasks) and the Ry3900X would be your next step in the line, so thinking about a 3600(X) makes little sense to me in that context.

To rephrase: building from scratch or upgrading from an i5 or old i7 or a Ry1K gen, the Ry3600(X) is a nice upgrade, but coming from a Ry2700X, it hardly makes any sense.

Cheers!

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017

If you're moving away from the Ry2700X, then the Ry3700X is the direct step-up (at ~15% performance increase in most tasks) and the Ry3900X would be your next step in the line, so thinking about a 3600(X) makes little sense to me in that context.

To rephrase: building from scratch or upgrading from an i5 or old i7 or a Ry1K gen, the Ry3600(X) is a nice upgrade, but coming from a Ry2700X, it hardly makes any sense.

Cheers!
Agree i got the ryzen 5 2600 and i really don't see a need to upgrade.She does everything i want and more.I may wait a year and get the 4th gen but for now its good.The 3xxx series is a step up but....not a huge leap tbh kinda disappointing in there gaming performance but productivity they are the kings.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Agree i got the ryzen 5 2600 and i really don't see a need to upgrade.She does everything i want and more.I may wait a year and get the 4th gen but for now its good.The 3xxx series is a step up but....not a huge leap tbh kinda disappointing in there gaming performance but productivity they are the kings.

Why are you disappointed, they improved like 20% in gaming performance vs ryzen 2000? We havent seen improvements like that in years.

In all fairness, I can understand where they're coming from at least: it's been too damn long since Intel has been dominating the gaming scene with their CPUs, so even if each step from AMD brings them closer, it still feels like they could be better.

Given the facts surrounding AMD's progress with Zen, I'm not at all disappointed. In fact, I believe AMD has done a great job getting so close to Intel in such a short amount of time since Ryzen gen1. Intel has been piggybacking the Core i since 2011 (!) with tweaks and improvements, so it's no wonder AMD was able to catch up. Does Intel need a full re-haul? I'll go on a limb and say they don't, but they do need to re-work core elements of their overall HT solution and branch predictors; that more than likely will require a grounds up new uArch.

Woops, a little side-track.

Cheers!

ELM2721

Prominent
May 28, 2019

Cheers!
Iam upgrading from an old i5 . I already have the b450 aorus elite. And waiting for the new ryzen series to be shipped to my country . I know 3600x is very good and has a great price but iam buying the 3700x for more future proof

Iam upgrading from an old i5 . I already have the b450 aorus elite. And waiting for the new ryzen series to be shipped to my country . I know 3600x is very good and has a great price but iam buying the 3700x for more future proof
If you have the money for the Ry3700X, I don't see a problem. Are you planning on using the bundled cooler or something else?

Cheers!

ELM2721

Prominent
May 28, 2019
Update: i have just watched a video comparing all the new ryzen cpus. The difference between 3600x and 3700x is almost unoticable its only 2-4 fps max. If the price differnce will be big in my country. I will go with the 3600x . It imperssed me alot to be honest

If you're not looking to use the extra resources, either choice will do fine for gaming. I'd stick to the 3700X just because those 2 extra cores may come in handy for things you may want to do, like streaming or having Chrome open, haha :D

Cheers!

ELM2721

Prominent
May 28, 2019
If you're not looking to use the extra resources, either choice will do fine for gaming. I'd stick to the 3700X just because those 2 extra cores may come in handy for things you may want to do, like streaming or having Chrome open, haha :D

Cheers!
Yeah i understand . Btw when they arrive to my country and see the prices i will have a final desicion. Cant wait

ELM2721

Prominent
May 28, 2019
So Guys after I saw the price of the 3700x I don't think I will be able to afford it . I also don't want to go with a 6 core cpu. the next gen consoles are gonna use 8 cores and I want to have a future proof machine . wdy think? is the difference between 2700x and 3700x huge? i just don't know what to do anymore . I think I can manage to get the 3700x but its gonna be hard . is it worth that extra push?