ZeniMax Files Suit Against Samsung Over Gear VR

Status
Not open for further replies.

emike09

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Zenimax's continued legal pursuit against companies that have invested heavily in VR makes me never want to purchase a product made by Zeni or its subsidiaries.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015

Then you clearly support the theft of IP. It's well-documented that Oculus was built based on other people's work, without compensating the people who developed the technologies involved.

Palmer Luckey made his money by stealing other people's work, including Valve and Zenimax.

I can't condone IP theft, but I sure can't condone patent trolling (where applicable, not certain it is here) and new definitions such as "non-literal copying." (THIS one is definitely applicable.) The fact that the Zeni "expert" in the Zeni-Oculus case pushed that is telling in that the IP itself, (as Carmack claims, was never in the hands of the developers,) basically does the same thing, but not the exact same way.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Zenimax is taking their ball and going home. They ignored the VR train, failed to retain key talent, and are now using legal methods to make up for all their management mistakes. Zenimax will kill VR if they can. They seem to think they own VR. Oculus was just the first. Now it's Samsung. Next will be VR game developers, HTC, and Sony -- it's only a matter of time.

kfadely

Reputable
Aug 18, 2015
John Carmack and Id Software should have never sold out!!! Right or wrong, my perception of Zenimax is falling and that they are slimy money grubbing greedy bxxturds.

Sounds like a fair description of any media giant.

Status
Not open for further replies.