News Zephyr Gaming Mouse Brings RGB Air Cooling to Sweaty Palms

As far as the marketing material goes, there appears to be settings for 4,000 RPM, 7,000 RPM and 10,000 RPM.
When the loudest component in your system is your mouse. : P Okay, it's a tiny fan, and they describe it as being "silent", but is that "silent" compared to a vacuum cleaner, or the normal kind of silent? Also, I kind of wonder if a high-speed fan, however small, could potentially produce unwanted gyroscopic effects on a lightweight mouse.

If you sign up on Mindshunter's website, you can get the Zephyr with a 50% discount, so the mouse will end up only costing you $79.
So they're expecting to sell the thing for a $160 MSRP, more than just about any other high-end gaming mouse on the market, just because it has a little fan inside? I have some doubts that this thing will ever be selling for more than the $80 "super early bird" pricing, and even that seems excessive considering it's coming from a company I've never heard of. And what even is the company? The website is called "Mindshunter", and the mouse is apparently called "Zephyr", but at the bottom of the page they make it sound like Zephyr is the name of the company...

About Us

Zephyr has years of experience in creative technical gadgets. By forging relationships with our customers and manufacturers that are based on trust and a commitment to quality, we strive to be the best place to purchase creative gadgets on the Internet.

Copyright ©️ 2020 Zephyr privacy Policy
So they make "gadgets"? What gadgets? Literally no other products are linked to on their website. In fact, this product page alone appears to be the entire web site. Even the words "privacy Policy" are not even a link to an actual privacy policy. And the slight grammatical errors in just about every sentence on that page don't exactly instill much confidence, even if the page is relatively nice looking.

The impression I get is that this is one of those $30 off-brand gaming mice, with an interesting gimmick tacked on, and a good marketing department trying to pitch it to tech sites to push pricing that would otherwise be way out of its league.

On another topic, someone needs to make one of these mice with the fan reversed, so that it can drift around your desk like an air hockey table. Or maybe the desk could be an air hockey table...