Question Zephyrus Asus M16 randomly returns to lock screen during use

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2022
While using a recently purchased Zephyrus Asus M16, I've been experiencing an issue where the screen will go black at seemingly random times, and then return me to the lock screen. Theirs seemingly no overarching pattern for these occurrences. On average this happens once every thirty minutes. I don't know what to do or how to fix this but if anyone knows what's happening or how to fix it, any help is appreciated. Also just as an FYI, I already exchanged another m16 for the one I currently have. The previous laptop also experienced the same issue.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You sure the laptop isn't rebooting and causing you to get to the lock screen? As for your laptop, might want to see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing and if there are any BIOS versions pending update. Pertaining to your OS, might it be possible to state what you're working with? Check to see if your OS has any updates pending.

By random, does the issue crop up when taxed or when idling or only when idling or only when taxed?

May 9, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You sure the laptop isn't rebooting and causing you to get to the lock screen? As for your laptop, might want to see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing and if there are any BIOS versions pending update. Pertaining to your OS, might it be possible to state what you're working with? Check to see if your OS has any updates pending.

By random, does the issue crop up when taxed or when idling or only when idling or only when taxed?
Hey thanks so much for the thorough response, sorry it took me a minute to respond. I’ll respond to this and get back to you about the OS as soon as possible. As for the issue itself, it happens randomly regardless of whether or not the system is running something a bit demanding. And for the bios, do you want me to boot into the bios and see if everything’s alright their? Or just check for updates after going into windows regularly.
Also I probably should have mentioned this before but it black screens and goes to the Lock Screen but it all happens in like three seconds so I don’t think it’s just restarting. Let me know if you need anymore information.

Particular

Honorable
Sep 13, 2016
I have the same problem.

The laptop randomly logs off.
At first, it only happened during heavy use, gaming/ working, so I assumed it overheated, then a few times it happened under normal use.

Twice instead of logging off it either shut down or restarted. That happened during heavy use where the CPU temp was being maxed out to 95C. I hope it's not because this laptop has problems managing its thermals. I've had it for 2 months.
So far, I'm really not trusting this machine.
It gives me all kinds of random, seemingly - hardware-related problems.

Zephyrus M16 2022 model GU603ZW. Latest bios version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS