Question RAM upgrade information wanted for Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 (2021) ?

G4M30V3R

Commendable
Sep 23, 2020
So I am getting the Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 with RTX 3070, Ryzen 5900hs CPU and 16GB RAM.
I heard that Asus has one stick soldered on and extra slots for more ram.

My question is how much ram in the 3070/16gb model is soldered on and how many slots do I get to add more?

So I am getting the rtx3070 model with 5900hs CPU and a ram of 16gb.
I heard that Asus has one stick soldered on and extra slots for more ram.

My question is how much ram in the 3070/16gb model is soldered on and how many slots do I get to add more?
you could go to cmd as admin, and do this: wmic and enter
after that type memorychip and scroll to the right, to get the part number, or just send the screenshot here
It should be like this:
unknown.png

unknown.png

G4M30V3R

Commendable
Sep 23, 2020
Oh, based on what i read in the page, it's max capacity is 48, so i assume you only have 1 ram slot for upgrade.
Ok. So how much is soldered on? Also, is dual channel loss really that bad even if I put a really big ram in one slot?

Ok. So how much is soldered on?
16GBs 3200mhz.

Also, is dual channel loss really that bad even if I put a really big ram in one slot?
If you need more ram, no. If you need max bandwith, so-so.
Dual Channel 32GBs 3200mhz CL22 (maybe 1Rx16? just check the part number of the soldered ram) for that laptop is already big enough, so yeah, 48gbs only if you need that much.

G4M30V3R

Commendable
Sep 23, 2020
Wait until you get it, then inspect and analyze.

Adding more RAM is just wasted money, if you never go over 16GB.
It's a waste of money if you don't want to go over 8gb either. I want to do it before so that I am aware what I am getting into so I can chose a proper future proofed laptop.

It's a waste of money if you don't want to go over 8gb either. I want to do it before so that I am aware what I am getting into so I can chose a proper future proofed laptop.

Future-proof does not really exist, especially with a laptop where you can't replace the CPU or the video card. There is an even chance the laptop will die before it gets too slow to run what you want (higher end gaming laptops are not the most reliable things). Have you checked with Asus support about the RAM configuration in that system?