[SOLVED] Zero load, high usage. Plenty of stuttering.

Feb 1, 2022
I'd like to start of with a preface. Recently I've overhauled my PC, save for my storage and cpu. Possibly relevant specs listed below.

Motherboard: gigabyte x570 aero.
RAM: Gskill 128gb 3800.
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x
GPU: XFX Qick 6600xt
PSU: Be quiet! Dark power 12 750w platinum.
Monitor: AOC 21:9 3440x1440 100hz built in PSU. Run through HDMI not DSP.

Now to the meat of the issue. First off it's inconsistent, restarting the PC a few times can fix it. As well as doing a clean driver wipe and reinstalling necessary software. But neither work all the time. As far as symptoms go I can tell immediately once the monitor turns on that something is up. The loading ring that shows up during startup gives it away, stuttering, and lots of it. It's not a few big stutters like when a GPU run out of memory or if your ram isn't allocating enough redundant memory. It's looks like the whole computer is running at 10-20ish FPS, I have checked both the gpu and monitor readout for the frame rate and they do read much lower than they should. I usually get 90-100+ while playing warzone on max, rendered to 2560:1920 so I'll use that for a reference standard. On home screen, when the PC is freaking out with a case of the microstudders, It reads about 32 avg, and in game no matter what game or how low the settings it's the same... 32avg with low spikes of 12 minimum.

during these episodes I've checked in the Radeon software as well as Ryzen master, both shows that the GPU usage sits in the upper 90% usage. Far higher than it should be considering I'm on the home screen. The CPU for reference averages 30% utilization which is also high, but I use wallpaper engine so it's expected to be doing a little work to keep up with a reactive wallpaper. The temps are normal and despite the high usage of the GPU the heat is not proportionate and stays close to room temp at 33c avg.

I tried looking around the online and the answers are varied based on how vague I leave the problem for google, because for obvious reasons Google doesn't come up with much if I type in everything above word for word. But there were things about doing something in bios for allocating more of something from data, I don't remember the specifics but I know I couldn't find what it was describing. Also stuff about bottlenecks but they were all pertaining to a cpu bottleneck. Which I've pretty much ruled out. Power draw isn't an issue either, not once has my bequiet been under load, and even if it was... I wouldn't be able to tell, because it's bequiet and their fan and mesh shroud is amazing.

To readers looking for an answer to the same or similar problem: If anybody has the same issue or similar enough to be considered related, put something down in the comments, it'll do two things. Reassuring me that I'm not the only one, and letting me know to Reply to everyone here if/when this issue is resolved and how to possibly remedy it.

To the people who possibly have an answer: please no copy paste bull from googling the symptoms. answers from people who are competent professionals who've dealt with stuff like this before are preferred and appreciated, as you've probably been down the same road at least once dealing with dead end answers from pretend-proffesionals on Reddit and the like you know my pain.

Thanks a billion in advance. And in case notifications fail me as they have before here's my work cell, voice calls will fall to voicemail it's text only: 763 276 3906 (use only if I don't respond within a week, all texts are reviewed by HR at my work, so please don't send anything unnecessary)

Solution
so what im getting from all this is.

You are reusing the same CPU and Hard drive from an old computer. You've tried to clean drivers and reinstall software without it working.

When moving an OS from another computer you get one of three things, it works, kinda works, nothing at all. You have the kinda works as windows loads but its buggy as F, do a complete wipe of the drive and reinstall windows, also reset your bios to factory defaults and clear the Cmos.
so what im getting from all this is.

You are reusing the same CPU and Hard drive from an old computer. You've tried to clean drivers and reinstall software without it working.

When moving an OS from another computer you get one of three things, it works, kinda works, nothing at all. You have the kinda works as windows loads but its buggy as F, do a complete wipe of the drive and reinstall windows, also reset your bios to factory defaults and clear the Cmos.

Solution