Question Zero RPM Mode in AMD Radeon Wattman , Is it Safe for the card at certain temperatures ?

Mar 1, 2019
I had just purchased AMD RX 570 8GB , when installing the new driver and radeon software for it I saw that there is a Zero RPM option in Wattman , It looks cool to me as it seems to longer the fans life from the look of it , but I wonder if it is ok for the card to receive the heat level before the fans starts to spin after reaching a certain temperature ( which its default is 60c IIRC , but correct me if i am wrong ) , What I mean is that if the temperature is hovering around the 50's or even 40's especially when gaming , Is it ok for the card without cooling ?

Half of the time I spend on PC is for casual browsing and light tasks while the other half of it is playing games ranged from AAA High end ones to light ones

My PC is

CPU : AMD FX 8350 4Ghz
GPU : AMD RX 570 8GB
Ram : 16 GB

Wendigo

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2002
Don't worry. The fans will start spinning in a matter a seconds the time you launch a game. There's no way the card will hover below 50°C without fan while gaming, unless having some really serious CPU bottleneck.

The ZeroRPM is there to stop the fans while the CPU is idling, and thus make the card totally silent. Which is nice while browsing, doing office work...

May 21, 2019
If you are using a XFX card 580 or 570.. then please disable this feature.. Else it displayport becomes unstable at high load... screen will lose signal for a moment and come back.