Question ZEXMTE Dongle Stopped Working with Powerbeats Pro

Androshi

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2014
Hey guys,

I've been basically searching for answers for hours now and to keep things brief, the Bluetooth receiver I got so I could use my powerbeats pro on my windows 7 desktop suddenly stopped giving me control over the volume while using itunes. I tried uninstalling the bluetooth program/drivers and re-installing it by having it pair up again with my powerbeats pro, to no avail. This in turn also made it so the volume from playing songs on itunes while connected to my powerbeats to maximum volume. I do know I can manually decrease the volume through itunes and the property settings, however I would much rather be able to use the powerbeats themselves to control the volume. If anyone has any ideas how I can fix this that would be much appreciated.

Androshi

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2014
You may want to see if you can remove the device from Device Manager and uninstall the drivers. Connect to the internet and see if Windows updates finds a driver suggestion for your device and your headset.
Thanks for responding.
However, when I uninstalled the CSR harmony program associated with the bluetooth adapter it also uninstalled the drivers with it, and re-installed them when I inserted the adapter back along with the drivers connecting my powerbeats pro to the dongle. Windows update has nothing regarding bluetooth drivers. The only thing I can do with my powerbeats pro now is just simply hit pause and play.