[SOLVED] Zhone Router - I cant open ports for a Minecraft server

Jul 15, 2020
Problem for open ports

Hi, im new in this forum I need help from someone who can tell me why my router does not open ports, I have tried everything literally, I'm going to put a couple of photos below so you can see what happen:

4K5iVEX.png

Pzq639S.png

I will also leave some pictures of my router:

GrkScAP.png

CASZF8y.png

I hope you have any solution, thanks.

My contact

Discord: << Personal info removed by moderator >>
Email: << Personal info removed by moderator >>

Last edited:
Solution
Well I got lucky and managed to see the problem.

It is not that they are blocking ports they are not giving you a IP address. In the screen with the brrouted stuff you will see a IP that starts with 100.64.x.x This is a special range of IP of special private IP addresses called carrier NAT. To avoid conflict with the more common private IP blocks like 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x these new ones were added.

It is still the same problem though. You are sharing the public address with other customers. The port forwarding would have to be done on the ISP router which of course they will not do.

Your only real option is to see if your isp will give/sell you a public IP. There are some rather expensive VPN services that will...
You really should not have posted a ip address and it seems the moderator removed other stuff. Be somewhat careful what you post.

All I can tell from your IP is you live in Argentina but you need to always assume bad people are watching.

2 very common things.

Be sure the minecraft server is actually active on the machine and really connected to that port. You can see a list of processes and the ports they have open in the network tab of the resource monitor.

Does the wan ip address on your router match that 190..x.x.x. You should be able to see the IP address the ISP actually gave to router on some screen. It varies a lot between routers but almost all routers have a way to display what IP you were assigned.

If the IP are different then you share the IP address with other uses and port forwarding will never work.

You could also try the DMZ option. Sometimes the port forwarding rules are confusing to put in and the DMZ will forward all ports. You should not use the DMZ as a long term solution since it leaves your machine more open to attack. It is mostly used to test until you get the port forward rules correct. If DMZ also does not work it is likely not a configuration issue with the rules.

Reactions: M43L
Jul 15, 2020
You really should not have posted a ip address and it seems the moderator removed other stuff. Be somewhat careful what you post.

All I can tell from your IP is you live in Argentina but you need to always assume bad people are watching.

2 very common things.

Be sure the minecraft server is actually active on the machine and really connected to that port. You can see a list of processes and the ports they have open in the network tab of the resource monitor.

Does the wan ip address on your router match that 190..x.x.x. You should be able to see the IP address the ISP actually gave to router on some screen. It varies a lot between routers but almost all routers have a way to display what IP you were assigned.

If the IP are different then you share the IP address with other uses and port forwarding will never work.

You could also try the DMZ option. Sometimes the port forwarding rules are confusing to put in and the DMZ will forward all ports. You should not use the DMZ as a long term solution since it leaves your machine more open to attack. It is mostly used to test until you get the port forward rules correct. If DMZ also does not work it is likely not a configuration issue with the rules.

I am stupid I forgot to censor my ip is that I was very sleepy and I forgot xd. I put the option you told me and it still doesn't work.

d04TR4S.png

I think the problem is my internet company that is blocking the ports or I think there is some option that I have to activate to open the ports, I'm not sure I have tried everything, I will leave you a video of all the options of my router in case you see something that can help me xd, I have to admit that I am very bad for these things xd sorry, here is the video:

It is not that they are blocking ports they are not giving you a IP address. In the screen with the brrouted stuff you will see a IP that starts with 100.64.x.x This is a special range of IP of special private IP addresses called carrier NAT. To avoid conflict with the more common private IP blocks like 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x these new ones were added.

It is still the same problem though. You are sharing the public address with other customers. The port forwarding would have to be done on the ISP router which of course they will not do.

Your only real option is to see if your isp will give/sell you a public IP. There are some rather expensive VPN services that will give you a fixed IP but generally it tends to be cheaper to just rent a hosted server for your game and get your public IP that way.

Reactions: M43L
Solution
Jul 15, 2020

Your only real option is to see if your isp will give/sell you a public IP. There are some rather expensive VPN services that will give you a fixed IP but generally it tends to be cheaper to just rent a hosted server for your game and get your public IP that way.

Aaa well I was literally watching a video of that when you sent the message xd, thanks

Jul 15, 2020

Is there something I can give you to compensate you xd?