"ZIM ZIM" voice from the x600 256 pciX card

needs_help

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2005
Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:15 pm Post subject: the "zim zim" noice from my video card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i am recently hearing these "zim zim" noice from my pc case and i thought it was from my vcard and i was right, i took the vcard out and everything was silent but when i put my vcard on the noice is there again

i took the vcard out and pushed it down again with force, and tightened the screw 2 days ago, everything seemed fine, but the noice is coming back and gone totally on random what is causing this problem and what should i do ?

cleeve

Illustrious
Either your vcard fan is dying, or a wire is intermittently touching the fan as it rotates (which is bad)

Have a close look at the fan's wires, make sure they aren't chafing the fan. Look around your case for any other wires that may be touching it.

needs_help

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2005
im positively positively sure that no wires r touchin the fan, not even the card, i paid a lot of attention to the wirings when i assembled everything up. and the card is just a month old so is the fan really dying...that fast?

Could be bum bearings, but fan noise is not a good thing. It happens ALOT on chipset fans on MoBos, long high pitched death. When it happens on Graphics card which have slightly better fans/assemblies, it's really a sgin to keep an eye out on things. Contact your Mfr and see what they have to say about it, if you're comfortable with putting a more reliable fan on yourself then go ahead, otherwise RMA it if you're worried.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: