[SOLVED] Zoom keeps crashing, possibly a graphics issues ?

b.eggersglusz

Reputable
Mar 26, 2018
Hello there,

I recently started working as a Zoom Operator however im running into a rather weird and hard to solve issue, When I started working on the Zoom sessions, it would always hand and then randomly crash, and it kept doing this, I tried everything to fix it (at least from what I could think of) But I snapped and reset/reinstalled windows 10 and wiped the boot drive. With a new copy of windows 10 loaded up I tried once again and at first I saw no issues, but then it started crashing again. So I started searching the event viewer and found some interesting errors. So all around the same time I get these errors below.

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Code:
The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
Graphics Exception: ESR 0x405848=0x80000000

Then I also got this

Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at 2121-04-06T16:05:21Z. Reason: RulesEngine.
The program Zoom.exe version 5.6.4.799 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Application Zoom.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

So from that, im guessing it is Graphics Acceleration in zoom itself, So I went into zoom and disabled Hardware acceleration on all things, But im worried this isn't a fix, im going to do more testing but I have a big event coming up and do not want my application crashing again like it has been. The thing i can't understand is ive done the following

Reinstalled windows,
reinstalled graphics drivers, twice.
remove any possible conflicting applications

My thought is it could possibly be due to Ryzen CPU's not having graphics hardware capabilities and it may be trying to use that, But I have a dedicated GPU so im unsure,

My specs
GTX 1070TI
16gb 3200mhz corsair vengeance pro ram
ryzen 7 3700x
2x SSD
1x HDD

Any way I can possibly route out a problem, this is my career and I can't afford a new computer right now.

Solution
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Look in Reliability History for error codes etc.. Reliability History is much more user friendly and the time line format can be very revealing.

For example: you reinstalled Windows and it worked for a while and started crashing again. Look at the time line for what was recorded/captured for when the crashes started to reoccur.

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

You also can try "sfc /scannow" and "dism"

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/ho...-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/

Do you have...

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Look in Reliability History for error codes etc.. Reliability History is much more user friendly and the time line format can be very revealing.

For example: you reinstalled Windows and it worked for a while and started crashing again. Look at the time line for what was recorded/captured for when the crashes started to reoccur.

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

You also can try "sfc /scannow" and "dism"

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/ho...-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/

Do you have another known working GPU that you can swap into your computer?

Or another known working computer into which you can install your GPU.

Determine if the problem follows the GPU or stays with the computer.

Solution