[SOLVED] Zorin V. Ubuntu???

Cvint

Reputable
Jun 17, 2019
Can someone explain the major differences and maybe the abilitities or atriubites that id be missing with either or.

Solution
It's like asking "Whats the difference between Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic"...

WHy not just install them (in a Virtual Machine like VirtualBox) and try for yourself?
The differences are more visual than functional. Zorin is based on Ubuntu, which itself is based on Debian, so they will have (more or less) same kernel, packages etc.

Zorin is targeted toward newbies, with Windows-like look and feel, but don't get lured because of this.
It's like asking "Whats the difference between Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic"...

WHy not just install them (in a Virtual Machine like VirtualBox) and try for yourself?
The differences are more visual than functional. Zorin is based on Ubuntu, which itself is based on Debian, so they will have (more or less) same kernel, packages etc.

Zorin is targeted toward newbies, with Windows-like look and feel, but don't get lured because of this.

Solution

Cvint

Reputable
Jun 17, 2019

Thanks for the info thats what i figured but thanks for confirming i really like the visual experence in an os why shud i not get lured in? Can u think of ne feature differences or are the differences mostly cosmetic?

Cvint

Reputable
Jun 17, 2019
Most folks can do pretty much the same things with either...

(I preferred the look of Zorin when I tinkered with it a few years ago, as I was not personally a fan of Ubuntu's desktop system/'look')
Ya i love zorin the look the quickness of it it out performed ubuntu on my vm...